To design landscape management strategies,
- To provide scientific guidance on threats and opportunities for natural and cultural values of Europe’s landscapes.
- To define criteria for assisted restoration of ecosystems of former (abandoned) agricultural areas.
- To generate future scenarios for cultural landscape change, with integrated landscape, cultural heritage and biodiversity models, to inform current planning initiatives, e.g. for the transition to a low-carbon society.
- What is the socio-economic value of landscape management? (ESR 11)
- Investigating the potential of natural resoration and rewilding in the European landscape (ESR 12)
- Defining a framework for Rewilding European landscapes in the Anthroposcene (ESR 13)
- managing trade-offs in agricultural landscape transitions: protecting cultural heritage versus rewilding (ESR 14)
- A long-term view of nature and culture in decision making (ESR 15)